These crazy quilt blocks were given to me not long ago. All the blocks were different sizes so I had to trim some up and add additional fabric to others to make them all the same size or square.
Someone put a lot of work into them. First they hand pieced each piece of fabric to make a block, then they tacked it to an additional square of fabric to form a large block. Pictures below are the backs of two blocks. You can see the stitches on the front of the third picture.
Again, I am unable to date it but would guess most of the fabrics are from the1950's. Because the blocks were pieced together, I decided to piece together navy blue fabric I had on hand for the border and back. I also lined the border with white muslin so it would have the same weight throughout the whole quilt.
Here is the back and border all lined.
This will be a nice warm full size quilt for the winter. I'm sure my son will enjoy it.
I hand tied it.
I love the grapevine handle on this wall basket. It really makes it stand out.
I dyed the reed with walnut hulls and used creek bank willow for the ribs and rim.
Narrow strips of leather were woven in the main body of the basket. It's a nice size baskets that would hold letters, wash clothes or small kitchen gadgets.
Here's a family photo I found while working on my family genealogy. What a motley crew!!! I'm the one with the funny looking shirt.
Thanks for visiting,