Bittersweet Needle and Thread

Bittersweet Needle and Thread

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Weekend Fun

GRANDDAUGHTERS WEEKEND 

We had so much fun this past weekend with our 3 granddaughters.  We went to the Renaissance Festival and had fun around the house.  I picked up a billfold kit at my favorite thrift store, thinking I could get someone to work on it and I was right!  The youngest and I worked together on it and I finished it while she made noodles with playdo.



Next I taught one how to embroidery and she took to it like a duck to water.  I had these tea towels that I stamped with food themes.   She loved doing the french knots.  I thought she did magnificent for just learning.


Also I had help quilting my recent quilt.  Two granddaughters worked a few stitches. Wow, that's less I have to do because I have to get it done by the time my friend Sherri arrives on Oct 2.  She is going to borrow my small frame to work on a project.

 
And our last bit of fun.....Tie Dye shirts.
  






We ran out of plastic gloves so we all had some dye on our hands.


What a great weekend, girls.  Thank you soooo much.   Love you,

Grandma Cindy

7 comments:

  1. It looks like you had the best weekend ever spending time with your grand-daughters. I love all the different projects you played with. It think that is just the best to take the time to teach them and let them join in on learning something new. I am sure they enjoyed the tie dye shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bringing up the Grands in the RIGHT way! Doing things with them is so important! Might have been easier to have just popped a CD in the player (WRONG). All of their stitches are mighty fine. Love, love the tie-dye shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure my granddaughters know how to do any of this fun stuff, but I taught my three girls to sew, embroider, etc. and they loved it. I do wish more girls could learn these crafts instead of messing with electronics. I bet your granddaughters will always remember this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I wish there were less electronics. Times are different now, but if we continue to exposes our your ladies to the old crafts, some will catch the bug like we did and they will pass it on.

      Delete
  4. I can just see you having so much fun "makin' memories" with the girls. You are an awesome grandma. Great weather for the Renaissance Festival.....did you eat a turkey leg??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we did get a turkey leg! And the weather was fabulous. Grandma will have lots of memories too!

      Delete
  5. I learned to embroider from my grandmother. I know the girls had a great time learning from you. They will never forget those times!

    ReplyDelete